Alternative Family Education (AFE) is an independent home study school provided for kindergarten through twelfth grade students and families who prefer an individualized approach to education, combined with the support of school district resources. See the About AFE page for more information. AFE is part of the Santa Cruz City School District.
Resource Center Phone & Hours: (831) 429-3898 / Monday–Thursday, 10:00–3:00.
• Town Hall Meeting — Wednesday, May 27th, 7–9pm in Room 2.
• Homeschool Sharing, Celebration of the Year & Potluck — Friday, June 5th, 5:45–8:00 at Harvey West Park.
• AFE High School Graduation & Eighth Grade Promotion will be held in the multipurpose room on our campus on Thursday, June 11th, at 7:00 pm.
• AFE Beach Bonfire — Friday, June 12th, 6–10:00pm at Twin Lakes Beach. Everyone's invited!
• Student Resource Directory — For the first time, Santa Cruz County youth and parents looking for support have a user-friendly online directory of local resources such as nutrition, mentoring and health.
• BSSC has become an affiliate site for Bookshop Santa Cruz. Anything purchased through this BSSC Affiliate link will be credited toward the purchase of new books for our library.
August 27 — First Day of School
September 1 — Labor Day Holiday
November 11 — Veteran's Day Holiday
November 26–28 — Thanksgiving Holiday Break
December 19–January 2 — Winter Holiday Break
January 19 — Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
January 26 — Staff Development Day (RC Closed)
February 9 — Lincoln's Birthday Holiday
February 16 — President's Day Holiday
March 30–April 3 — Spring Break Holiday
May 25 — Memorial Day Holiday
June 11 — Last Student Day